Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 8 months ago

I need help answering a question on a quiz lol?

One question was “ how many academic units after 12th grade have you taken?”

Meaning college I’m sure but I haven’t been to college since 2013, so I don’t know what that means really 🤷🏾‍♀️ I guess it’s how many classes I’ve taken?

Second part of that question it literally just “quarter” ? And I’m lost lol

Help?

There are some colleges that use a semester system and some that use a quarter system. If you have never been to a school that used a quarter system NONE or "0)" would be the correct answer.

The question about academic units means how many semester units have you taken. I you have taken a class that was 3 units you have taken 3 units. it is pretty simple. You could request a copy of your transcript to get the total number

It means semester credit hours (units) of college courses, NOT the number of courses. The "quarter?" means if the college you went to has a quarter academic calendar instead of a semester academic calendar, you need to indicate that.

On a quarter academic calendar, bachelors degrees usually require a minimum of 180 credit hours of courses Rather than 120 credit hours. Quarters are shorter than semesters.

• Kerri

A unit represents approximately three hours of work per week. Thus a 3 unit course will probably require 9 hours of work per week, a 5 unit course will require 15 hours per week, and so forth. Of course, the actual hours may vary somewhat from class to class and student to student.