Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 months ago

Please help. I can't breathe in my own house!?

I have asthma. My parents smoke, and the second hand smoke causes my chest to tighten and me to choke and wheeze. I have tried to get them to smoke outside or something, but they won't take me seriously. Im sick of not being able to breathe but I don't know what to do! I feel like if this keeps up, i'm gonna have a bad enough attack that I end up passing out, or worse... What should I do?! PLEASE HELP! >_<


Edit: Im only 15, so moving out is not really an option unfortunately...

21 Answers

  • I care
    Lv 6
    3 months ago
    Best answer

    So sorry of the careless attitude when they have a child with your breathing issues. Talk to your primary care doctor and see what he or she suggest...…..good luck...….

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    they are killing themselves and especially killing you, either call CPS or tell them they need to stop

  • 2 months ago

    tell someone about it if they wont listen.also someone please answer my only question im really struggling

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Go to the ER and tell them what led to the passing out and/or chest pain. The doctor will tell the parents to quit smoking or else and then they have to or the doctors have to do something else about it...reporting it to CPS is one thing. You might be allergic or have another problem.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Talk to medical expert..

  • 3 months ago

    if you have medical proof of your condition.... and it is affecting you as you state..... contact the local child protection services... if you do not know where they are.... just ask a a school counselor.... or any cop..... what your parents are doing is against the law in a lot of places....... they could KILL you

  • 3 months ago

    You may want to contact the police because im pretty sure that it is against the law for them to smoke with a child in the house or car. I only smoked in my car after I dropped my children off after that law but the smoke smell was always there.

  • Jen
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

    I'm very curious if, by law, They might be guilty of endangerment of a minor, the fact that you have asthma and they smoke, but most likely, no.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    you could talk to someone in cps and see if they'll put you somewhere else

  • 3 months ago

    Your parents ought to be ashamed of themselves for causing your asthma to get worse by smoking inside. It won't kill them to smoke outside.

    I smoked when my kids were growing up and i smoked outside.

  • Frank
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

    Call child protective services.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.