Lily asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 months ago

Question about a dinner recipe?

I’m going to make this recipe with Doritos in it: https://www.uniquegiftstips.com/2019/03/doritos-ca...

Should I skip putting the Doritos in when it’s baked? Will the Doritos get soggy?

• denise

I'd probably add the broken doritos on top of the casserole when its served.

Crushed Doritos are also good sprinkled over the shepherds pie top 10 minutes before serving and return to the oven for the last 10 minutes.

I find it interesting that a website called "Healthy Living Lifestyle" would have a recipe with junky processed soup and doritos.

But since you asked read the recipe and see what it says about the doritos. If you don't want to add them before you bake it, then crumble them on top after?

The Doritos will be softened not soggy.Some will stay crunchy.I make doritos casserole all the time The salt content is really high so its not a weekly thing on the menu at my home.

I would add the cheese on top and then put the doritos on top for the last 15 mins of the bake--that way they won't get soggy or burn. I mean you do put cheese on top of tortilla chips to make nachos---but you don't cook them that long--I think cooking them for extended period with the cheese on top of them will make them soggy) jmho!!

also--I see the link takes you to a "healthy living site" lol...that recipe ain't healthy!! probably tastes great though!..when I clicked to see the full recipe --it sent me to a site with a header, "This isn't diet food" true.

If the recipe has liquid in it odds are the chips may become soggy.

If they are on the very top they might survive 1/2 crunchy but be wet on the underside of the chips.