Why do Americans not get the fact that politicians are just playing a game to win votes?

The Democrats want the wall more than many of the Republicans. They just say no to the wall because the Republicans say yes. If the Democrats said something like, "Nobody would eat cow manure", the Republicans would tout the health benefits of eating cow manure. That it how it works because they are... show more The Democrats want the wall more than many of the Republicans. They just say no to the wall because the Republicans say yes. If the Democrats said something like, "Nobody would eat cow manure", the Republicans would tout the health benefits of eating cow manure. That it how it works because they are both the same in the end.

The only thing different it Democrats are better at opening themselves up to a laugh. I have to give them credit for that.
Update: BTW: I am not a Republican or a Democrat. I consider them both trash.