How do you feel about Immigration?

Do you think the border should be open, or temporarily closed, or are you neutral about it?

I think that it is a much more complex and more nuanced issue than what three simple options can cover. Obviously there shouldn't be open borders but we also don't need to temporarily close immigration either. I do know that Trump's xenophobic heavy handed approach isn't efficient, humane, or in the spirit of what this nation stands for.

I think there should be no borders in the entire world

I’m very against the importing of cultures radically different (and dogmatic worsens that) than the host culture or at too high a rate

• chris

For the UK, couldn't care less! (sorry guys)

For the US, it's all about 30 years too late!

I have nothing against anyone that wants to come in (or out), but if someone comes on "my" property, I want to know why and I expect them to leave when they are supposed to! Not pitch a tent and charge me for watching my lawn grow!

My girlfriend is an immigrant and I'm a liberal so I'm naturally not anti-immigration, but generally, I think it's just a fact of life in this increasingly globalised world as the economy is global and more people meet friends and partners/spouses abroad. It used to take weeks to travel from the UK to California, now you can fly directly from London to Los Angeles in 11 hours. Travel is only going to get faster with technology and more people will be moving around.

It's something that should be (and mainly is) well-controlled. Obviously, a country should keep out people who are deemed to be a national security or public safety threat.

• P

I'm not planning any

before Oct 31

• Kathy

If people came here legally, I am all for immigration. If they come here illegally, they should be sent back to their own country.

• Mikey

Immigration should be done legally.

I'm perfectly fine with legal immigration. I have no qualms with the people who work to get into any country they would like to make a living in. As someone who is white, would I not be expected to make the same efforts if I wanted to set up residence in any other country but my own?

The problem is when people bring race into the issue. It's not racist to stop someone from entering or kicking them out because they came over here and are living here ILLEGALLY. There are plenty of white Europeans in America that are 100% completely illegal and should not be here at all.

Race and immigration should be two separate things. But too many left-wing idiots have muddled them together and made it all messy.

One thing disturbs me: separating children from their families. I really think is a super bad idea.