PrinceHarry. He's gone too far this time? We the public have an absolute right to know what he's up to, our press is free to print anything?

Those bludy royals they think that we should pay for everything they've got and say nothing.

It's master & servant as far as they are concerned.

The press MUST print everything they do.

Laundry lists, supermarket bills, holiday plans, pillow talk.

Everything.

They belong to us.

Update:

He belongs to us. Has done since birth. His wife is ours since marriage. It's the price of privilege.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, they don't "belong" to us at all, slavery was banned in the U.K a short time ago. We pay them to fulfil duties required by the state. We are entitled to know how those duties are carried out and by whom. THAT is all. What they get up to in their private lives is of no concern, providing it doesn't conflict with their public duties. You may need to hear the groans of delight or disappointment from their bedrooms but, I can assure you, you are in a voyeuristic minority.

• 5 months ago

Total nonsense.

• Si-yuntifik5 months agoReport

I'm sincerely glad you agree.
      It's all as nonsensical as can be.
      Thanks for being the voice of reason.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I couldn't care what he or any of those royals are up to.....as far as I'm concerned they're nothing other than a family of leaches.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Frankly, I am not in the least bit interested in what he, or any other of that bunch is up to

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • As long as the Royals take public money, they are public property.

• 5 months ago

Quite right. The Royals need to understand that they are paid to be public property.

• 5 months ago

Your view of being a member of the Royal Family is incorrect. Yes we pay to have a Monarchy, (just as people pay to have a President incidentally) but that's about as far as it goes when it comes to their privacy. Just as with anybody, the press have no freedom to invade the PRIVATE lives of anybody, be they 'ordinary', or Royal. There has to be limitations but unfortunately when there is money to be made, the press/media do overstep the mark.

I do think Harry should think before acting however. As has already been said, he might have won the battle, but maybe not the War.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If it's in the public interest then the Press should print. If he's prepared to take public money then he must be open to scrutiny.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You are not entitled to know about ANYONE's private life. You don't own Harry.

You do not pay a salary to the royals. You do not fund their private lives.

Tax payers help with some funding for security and municipal and some official travel services. The Crown Estates, a monarchical holding, funds only official expenses for working royals.

Diana sued and won for invasion of privacy. William sued and one for invasion of privacy. Harry is right to sue hackers and rags for the same issue. And Princess Caroline of Monaco is the royal who began this practice decades ago, suing publications more than once.

The public is informed about official duties in the Court Circular and news publications and programs. That is all you need to know.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

He is as much right to his privacy as anyone else. You are totally wrong we don't have the right to know everything about them laundry, holiday plans, pillow talk. They don't go to supermarkets. We don't pay for everything and they certainly don't belong to us so get your facts right.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.