Can I wear a jacket over a new tattoo ?

I got a tattoo on my inner forearm 6 days ago and it’s peeling and still a little sensitive to the touch. It’s f*cking freezing where I live tho. Would it be ok if I wore a jacket or would it mess it up?

• kelvin

yes you can wear a jacket

• Jerry

First wrap your arm in plastic food storage wrap like Glad wrap, Saran wrap. The protects you from infection, protects those around you from infection, and protects your clothing and surroundings from blood spots, skin flakes, and so on. Lightly apply antibiotic cream or ointment first to keep the plastic from sticking to you. When you tape it, avoid getting tape on your tattoo.

Alternatively, cut the toes out of old sock and cover your forearm with that. Tape it in place, again avoiding tape on the tattoo.

• kelvin

do not put wrap on your six day old tattoo

• Hypnos

You can wear a jacket and actually it's better for it to be covered than not because tattoos are sensitive to the sun, and UV exposure can damage the ink and make it look patchy. If it's cold where you are I doubt there'd be much sunlight anyway but just be wary. There's nothing wrong with wearing a jacket but if you want to reduce risk of irritating it, make sure it's a loose fit.

i dont see why not, ask the tattoo place about it

it will be fine, so long as it isnt a denim jacket with rough harsh seems inside for instance

I don't recall "fücking freezing" as a temperature.