Does it matter if i choose that I am going to be living on campus vs not living on campus for Graduate school on the FAFSA?

I am in the middle of completing my 2020-2021 FAFSA application and I am not sure if I will be living on campus for the upcoming school year. Would choosing either option of living on campus vs. not living on campus effect anything in terms of financial aid?

• df

Yes it affects how they calculate your cost of living

• nancy

Probably not. That question is on the FAFSA to help colleges decide which Cost of Attendance budget should be used when determining your eligibility for aid. It is very common for a school to have different budgets for undergraduate students living on-campus, off-campus or with their parents. However, typically they have just one basic Cost of Attendance for graduate students since the majority of grads tend to live off campus. Even if your college does have separate COA budgets for grads, it most likely won't matter, since most colleges check housing status and will adjust it if what you put on the FAFSA doesn't match your actual situation when the aid is disbursed.

Without knowing what jurisdiction you are from, and what jurisdiction the campus is in, no one can even guess.

Go ask the financial aid staff at that campus. Duh.

No, it has no impact on financial aide.