Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I am 20 years old and roughly 5'8.5"-5'9". Am I going to be short for the rest of my life ? ?

Will I grow ? If yes , then How much ?

I am really dissapointted.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

It is very unlikely that you will grow taller at this point.  Remotely possible, but unlikely.  Your adult height is coded into your DNA before you are born and is related to both your parents' heights.  Whether or not a person can still grow depends on whether or not the growth plates in their bones are open or fused.  In most people, the growth plates fuse in the middle or late teen years. An x-ray is needed to check this.  You can certainly speak to your GP/PCP about this and see if they will order one for you.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

u short fammmommmmmmo

• 1 month ago

That’s not short.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're not short, but you're as tall as you're gonna get.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

it gets worse than that people actually start to shrink after a certain age it's very slow but it does happen

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yes, but it's usually after age 55 or 60.  Or older

• Sparky
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You will probably keep growing a little over the next 5 or so years.

• Brian
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Unikely to grow much more if any, your height is average by U.S standards for a man.I always thought i would be taller than my 5ft 7.5, i dont feel all that short as i see guys daily who are shorter or the same height.

• 1 month ago

you are short, not too short tho.

• 1 month ago

After 20 you don't quite grow that much anymore, but don't act like a child over this. By no means is 5'8.5"-5'9 considered short. And even if you were, so what?

• 1 month ago

As a man you will never get laid because of short. I am sowwy

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.