habib asked in PetsCats · 11 months ago

How to know if my cat will use his water fountain?

I want to buy this one - https://miaustore.com/uk/ as it looks really nice but I'm not sure if my cat accepts it. He's very fussy. Is there any way to check it before buying it? 

• Ocimom

Not really - you take your chances. I have one cat that I can give a bath to but if he's walking by the sink when you do dishes and water splashes on him, he high tails it out of the room. So I know that a water fountain may splash some water on him when he's drinking and he would not use one.

I do give them extra water with their canned food to be sure they do drink enough water.

Use it a few days without plugging it in so he gets used to it.

Well obviously you don't. But most cats love fountains as opposed to bowls. That one IS very cool. Get it. But I'd check Amazon first to see if they have it cheaper.

Put it next to the existing water bowl and your cat will notice it. Once it starts using it get rid of the water bowl.

You could have two of this fountain that I have for what you're about to pay for that fountain - https://amzn.to/2Bf5Qqi

Source(s): I have two fountains and four cats and all them love their fountains.

You will need to ask your cat.

• Maxi

Unless your cat is always in your sink and gets pleasure from the running water...some cats do, most don't.... generally cats will drink very little water as they get enough in the wet food they have.

My cat likes to drink from the dogs water dish...but she is convinced she is a dog and tries to copy lots of things the dogs do

u will never know until u try it. my cat, for instance, NEVER drinks water. nor moving neither still. he eats only wet food. I asked the vet about it she said he gets all the liquids from wet food. I have a homeless cat living in the garden of my vacation house and I feed him wet food when I live there- he also never drinks water. ever. neither he eats dry food. only wet one. so go figure - u would think homeless cat would be happy for any food but no

There is no way to know in advance if he will use it. Animals do not seem to appreciate the same looks good as humans, oh yea that's right they are aninals.

He will, cats like moving water apparently😐