Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Are the DNC debates just about attacking the frontrunner?

Update:

I mean... can't they just actually debate the issues themselves instead of attacking other candidates

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Some see that as a valid strategy to get voter recognition and move up in the poles.

• Stan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It's like that stupid clayanimation shorts called Celebrity Death Match. No purpose to it at all except to garner ratings.

The news media ask ignorant gotcha questions while the candidates try desperately to create a memorable soundbite. Thats all that happens. I dont even bother watching them anymore knowing full well that if anything of note occurred it would be all over the news the next day so why waste my time.

• Katz22
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Usually, whichever candidate is in the lead can expect some criticism from the other candidates.  At least they didn't call each other juvenile nicknames or compare size of hands or talk about who had the best looking spouse, like at the 2016 Republican debates.

• 1 month ago

What is any political debate about, Democratic or Republican, other than attack the front runner?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Attacking ones opponents on policy issues is normal politics -- attacking Trump for his actions, is something ,that all patriotic Americans ,ought to be doing whatever their politics .

• 1 month ago

And yet no one pushed Biden about Ukraine and they even chastised the moderator for bringing it up. Strange that.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

they have no 'leader' people want to get behind .. just a concerted attack to over-throw the govt and seize power .. more or less ..

• -j.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most debates are.  This your first time?

• 1 month ago

It's comedy hour from the looney bin.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mostly it's a TV race.

Like a sport, for the official contenders, only.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.