Achilles asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Can I get away with murder if I am mentally ill?

11 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Life is an equal opportunity master. Doing harm to others will give you equal punishment. Your excuse doesn't work with God.

• 2 months ago

Roll the dice...twenty years in prison or a mental institution...your preference?

• 2 months ago

No one knows cause they haven't tried it. You should try it so everyone else will know!

• 2 months ago

I think you would become mentally ill after you commit murder. So the answer No.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Politicians don't answer questions here....  

• LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. I doubt that you could get a psychiatrist to agree that you weren't capable of understanding the consequences of your actions.

• `
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's very hard to use the "mental disease or defect" defense.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That depends on your definition of "get away with". If getting away with it is spending the rest of your life in a maximum security psychiatric hospital  as opposed to a prison, then I guess so.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get away with? no

You will be sent to a mentaI hospitaI where you will eventuaIIy be raped and beat up by other 'patients'. You will have no access to the outside world, no windows, no entertainment. You will be around other mentaIIy iII people with various conditions. You will be abused and mistreated by hospital staff. You will be lucky to get enough food any given day. You will be given a cheap hospital gown exposing your backside. You may or may not be allowed access to a walled bathroom without supervision. You will not be given basic care needs or anything really to avoid any incidents. If they accuse you of acting up or simply run out of space, they will put you in a straight jacket and send you to a padded room. For murder, they might put you in a straight jacket in a padded room from the get go for Lord knows how many weeks or years. Best case scenario, you will sit around doing the same jigsaw puzzle over and over again for years and years.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

not after posting about it on the internet lol ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.