Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Is there anything Jesus can't do?

• Amber

I don't know because nobody knows for sure he actually exists, but pretending he does.

He can't force someone to follow him or God. He just just a normal man who preached. That's it. All the faith healing stuff is a con man's trick. Funny, how there's nothing in the Bible that says he gave amputees their limbs back, cured fatal illnesses like cancer. And even if it did, there's no evidence for it. Faith healing, like Jesus performed, is a scam. Many preachers have done it for other religions and long before Jesus walked this earth.

• Roberta B

I agree that different religious leaders have pretended to cure diseases, even though they contend with one another over doctrines, and got money for their "cures." Jesus did neither.

Yes. For example, he can't forgive murder (almost never) nor the sin against the Holy Ghost (never, ever).

Jesus said his Father is greater than he is. John 14:28 Jesus said that his Father knew things that neither he nor the angels knew. Matthew 24:36 Jesus called his Father the only true God John 17:3 Even in heavenly glory, Jesus Father is still his God. Revelation 3:2,12 Again, Jesus words.

Jesus himself said

John 5:19,30

19 Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing.+ For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner.

30 I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous+ because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

clean my house............

NO one can understand the power and authority of JESUS CHRIST,trying to do so will fry your brain. 

He can not force you to come to His Father

• yesmar

Yes, of course there are things he cannot do. He cannot lie, he cannot see the future, he cannot abrogate free will, he cannot kill, etc.

Source(s): Jesus follower

Within His sphere of righteousness, His power is unlimited, Rom. 1:16.

• Rayal

If Jesus is God as some say, there is nothing he cannot do. He could even throw wide the gates of Heaven and let everybody in even if they don't have the Golden Ticket of Christian Belief.

But is Jesus is not God but just a man who had a religious philosophy like many of his time and place then he as a person no longer exists even though his philosophy became a major religion mostly made up by later followers.

Jesus cannot help anyone who does not help themselves.

• Rebecca

If you could help yourself, you wouldn't need Jesus.

Jesus, if he existed at all, is dead. He can't do anything.