Infinity asked in EnvironmentConservation Β· 1 month ago

What should be done to reduce the number of oil-killed birds in Wyoming and Texas?

• Mr. P
    18 hours ago

Shoot them first.

Or stop oil production.

I think the oil industry would supply the bullets for free.

Kill 'em with windmills!

Well, this sort of thing has been much dealt with some time back.

Today, the birds and bats are being killed by wind turbines, and in number to be of concern.

πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

Your data is 15-20 years old. But I can assure you the oilfield takes it seriously. They don't like killing birds anymore than anyone else. But birds just die sometimes. Heck - what would you do about airplanes killing birds?

\\"How Often do Bird Strikes Occur? The Federal Aviation Administration says there are more than 10,000 bird strikes a year, which works out to more than 26 hits a day."

Or buildings?

Buildings are killing up to 1billion birds a year in US, scientists estimate

Source(s): https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/0... Blackbird flock in Texas
    • Texas Mike

Yes. Of the 25 years I lived in Texas I saw a ton of birds migrating. And I worked in the oilfields as a piping engineer. Never encountered anything you say. There are tons of articles on anything on the internet.

• cmac'm

They could put nets around the ponds. But windmills kill way more birds

• Jason

Warn the birds to avoid those states (?)

Stop destroying the environment might be a good start.