I saw a ghost! am I crazy or was what I saw real? ?

I was laying in bed. In the dark. It was late at night. My bed is next to the window.  I had things on my mind. I was thinking. As I was falling asleep (opening and slowly shutting my eyes). Once I opened my eyes I saw a man outside my window. His face was white. You know the white pale look. My eyes opened with disbelief and I ran out my room. That ghost was staring at me. I remember we had eye contact and I was definitely awake. Btw I live on the 5th floor so don’t say someone probably peaked in my window. I don’t live in a house. Am I crazy?

There are differences between ghosts & spirits.  (For now, let's say you DID see something.)  I am willing to believe you.  I saw my grandmother after she died, and it was very positive.

If you follow or read what some mediums say (like Thomas John) ghosts are bad & are encouraged to "try and take advantage of you" in weak moments by bad or destructive personal behavior, and/or the creating bad energy - on YOUR PART (like drinking, doing illegal drugs, etc.)

Spirits are the manifesting energy of loving entities (usually related TO YOU, or in your immediate family circle).  They are loving & want to be helpful.  They may try to reach out to you & some people can "see" them, or parts of them.

I suppose if you got a FRIGHTENED "FEELING" rather than a positive feeling, this was a ghost; not a spirit, esp if you do not recognizes the face... you saw - in say family picture albums of those passed on, even before your time.  It would suggest to me, you are on a destructive path & need to mend or fix some personal issues.

The mind is a powerful part of the human body and it needs to be carefully guarded concerning what goes into it. Horror movies open the mind to weird happenings in dreams and visions. Also drugs make this happen. Guarding your mind with good thoughts, good scenery, good movies and good people will put a stop to this distortion of the mind. Too much blood and guts TV or Movies is not good for the human body. We destroy our minds with such. Neither the nerves nor the mind were created to withstand an onslaught of this negativity and horror.

The movie producers of these blood and guts horror shows will answer to Almighty God for their worthless efforts.

You were LYING in bed, not 'laying'. Get it right.

However you get a pass for spelling 'definitely' correctly - very, VERY rare here on Y!A.

It very well could have been a ghost. Most people don't believe that ghosts exist. I know that they do.

No, you aren't crazy. Well, not just because of that experience, anyway. Crazy and not-crazy has literally nothing to do with it. You were just dreaming.

Yes I know, but you weren't fully asleep, just like you said. But here's a little secret that's not a secret: Nobody ever said you have to be 'fully' asleep to dream. That's right, in fact the most vivid and memorable dreams happen when we're mostly awake.

A lot of people think falling asleep and waking up are like an on-off switch, but those people are dead wrong. Both are done in a series of stages, and the process can take several minutes or even hours. Even if your eyes pop open and you sit bolt upright in bed, it still takes your brain several minutes get out of sleep mode. Now you know why 99% of all ghost sightings begin with "I was just falling asleep / waking up".

Crazy? No. Delusional, a little.

It was probably a dream.

Part of your brain fell asleep and started dreaming.

It's a very common effect, responsible for both "ghost sightings" and sleep paralysis, depending what exact parts of your brain are asleep.

You can literally be dreaming with part your brain and awake and alert with another, so the dream images are superimposed over what you see of the real world!

Look up "hypnagogic" and "hypnopompic" for more info.

Maybe you fell asleep and wasn't aware of it ( sounds like a dream ) our subconscious mind is very imaginative - don't get me wrong, I didn't say , you're imagining things, what I'm saying rather is, you mentioned you were in " deep taught ", did it have anything to do with the recent death of someone within your family?, if so, that's the reason you saw the ghost, it could've being your loved one peeking at you., how did you feel?, was it scared - if so, I suggest you go speak to it, and let her/him know you're uncomfortable with/by this, and to asked them to " STOP ".

Good luck and take care

P.S. I'm an empath.