julia asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 2 months ago

would an 18 year old get away with drinking alcohol in thailand?

• 1 week ago

Yes, drinking age is like 12 in thailand.

Yes an 18 year old would get away with drinking alcohol in Thailand, especially if he or she is a foreigner. If the person looks very young, it may be an idea to carry ID with you, but in all honestly I wouldn't worry, you will always be able to find someone to serve you in Thailand.

Generally yes but it is not uncommon for the police to decide to make some extra money. 

As a foreigner living here in Thailand, you will not be checked at most establishments in Thailand other than the high-class lounges. But the drinking age is 20. Places like Pattaya, Bangkok entertainment areas will not check you. But police could raid a bar looking for underage drinkers. If this happens get out of the place if you can. The fine for Thai people is around 100 baht which is 3 dollars. They are going after the bar owner more than the customers.

• Tic-Tac-Toe

I said, Thai people. I never mention farangs fine. Are you someone here who like to let everyone know that you know more than anyone else here. I hope not. Because I hate that type of person.

• .

The drinking age in Thailand is 20, and it's in the interest of bar owners to enforce this, as establishments do occasionally get raided by police looking for underage drinkers and patrons under the influence of illegal substances.

i would ask the people in thailand this question

• .

Or you could admit that you have no clue.

i would ask someone in thailand what their rules are

• Emdog

rules are generally whatever police feel like doing at the time. Things are different here. Been living here 18 years