Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 weeks ago

windows 10 is on my laptop, can I download windows 7 for free and burn it or can I just download it and then revert back to it on my comp?

Microsoft will cease support for Windows 7 in early 2020

• keerok

The latter but be aware that any download site you will get win7 from nowadays is not original from ms.

Generally, you can download ISO for either version from a number of sites no charge.

You can burn an install disk from these, but to install, you need a genuine key, at least for Win 7 then it will accept a win 10 upgrade only. Reverting to Win7 should be no problem.

The install process checks authentication with Microsoft to prevent piracy.

Doing any of this, rule number one, 'backup' ALL of your data files.

2 computers, one Win 7, one Win 10, but I have genuine keys for each.

Downloaded ISOs from Microsoft and have Win7 boot/install disc.

Should do the same for Win10 machine but got lazy.

If you upgraded your laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, then you most likely used a Windows Key from the Windows 7 to download the Windows 10. This means you can download the ISO for Windows 7 from Microsoft and create an install disk. Yes, you should use an install disk as this is a better way to 'downgrade' from Win 10 to Win7.

Be VERY careful in installing windows 7 that you don't format the HDD or delete the partition while doing. This will lose ALL your work. Best to backup all your data, files, photos, etc to an external source while you install Windows 7.

you used to be able to do that but now I'd recommend buying a seperate copy.

You can download Win 7 from Microsoft or digital river for free. The problem is you will have to have a license (product key) to activate it once you install it because Win 7 is not free to use as it is only free to download.

• saggy3 weeks agoReport

if I could get on line with it I would

All Microsoft Windows products are never free, even the ones that Microsoft has stopped supporting.