Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

How can I pay my student lones as quickly as possible?

I'm at UCLA studying pscyhology in my second year. The first year I ended up working as a customer service clerk at a hotel part-time but I was fired for sleeping with a customer. So I've been out of a job for two months now but the fees for this semester and the next semester will pile up on my existing debt.

How can I pay these as quickly as possible? Are there any plans laid out by the previous administration?

I was kicked out of the US Army for being gay

I got a less than honorable discharge

I could not get student loans

I did gay modeling, gay porn, and eventually became a paid live in boyfriend to a man with money to get my teaching credential at UCLA

I did what I had to do. No one helped me. My parents kicked me out for being gay

Now I am an administrator for a school district, I am 43 years old, and making over $100K

• Lili
      3 weeks agoReport

If all that's true, let's hope no one stumbles across evidence of your porn career. School employees have lost their jobs for that sort of thing.

haha you slept with a customer. i hope the worst.

• Lili

You will not have to start repayments until after you graduate and are, presumably, employed. Once you start paying, adding some extra money to your payments each month will get the debt paid off sooner. I paid my loans off early simply by adding a little extra to each check.

I don't know what sort of "plans by the previous administration" you might have in mind. No, there are no such "plans". Some people have talked about forgiving student debt, but there are as yet no plans in place for that, and I doubt it will happen. Those of us who spent years repaying our loans with no help and no complaints would find it a bit hard to stomach.

Judging by this rant I suspect it'll take you 20 years to pay them off.

Get a job.

Live with your parents.

Mooch off your friends or parents for food and rides.

Shop at goodwill for clothes or Kmart when it has a sale.

If you see coins on the streets, pick it up.

Go to a public water fountain and scoop up the coins that people throw into them.

Learn to beg for money.

I think you went to college too early since you don't know how to spell loans!