Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 month ago

Do you agree that kids/teenagers should get 3 days off every weekend instead of 2?

I think kids and teens need 3 days off every weekend,

so they'll have more time to relax and can hang out with family, friends, etc, and they can get more time to sleep, do you agree that kids need 3 days off instead of 2?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It might be ok if  they have a stay-at-home parent, or one who can work part-time. I think it would be better if children did not get homework at such a young age. In my day, we did not get homework at primary school. (Up to age 11.)

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

OK .. which day do you think they should be off?  Friday or Monday?  Both days are school days. If anyone deserves an extra day off during the week, it's the parents who have to go to work 5 days a week in order to support their kids who are in school.

• J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

To do what?

Play more games...lol

• 1 month ago

Sorry no

Not unless you did 4... 10 hour schools days. Then you would never finish homework.

Kids don't apply themselves enough duringbthe school day.

If kids were on task, learning, listening and class work was understood and done durin a long day it might be worth it.

If you were above grade level maybe....but you'd have to read on your days off.

Most kids cant read at grade level.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I disagree-

Schools here get 3 weeks off at christmas, a week off in March, plus just over 2 months of summer holidays. 5 days a week is appropriate!

• 1 month ago

Two is plenty.  You'll learn that when you actually become a teenager.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I do agree - provided that the school year becomes a 12 month program with just two weeks off during the summer as a "breaking point" to switch grades.  

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sure.

And one generation later, some kid will be arguing that kids need 4 days off instead of 3.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not at all. They already have far too many 1/2 days and vacation days in their school year.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Disagree...........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.