How to change my luck with women?

I have been on several dates, but could never convert them into something more meaningful. Recently I went out of town to see this young lady and see where it would go. It didn't work out, because I don't know how to create a connection, and ask more meaningful questions (open ended questions). I am trying to find out how I can change this and turn my luck around with women, because it's my communication and fear of rejection that really hold me back. I believe that if I can fix this (well other things as well, but these are the main things), then I can hopefully change my luck. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

• LizB

This is just dating, buddy. You're going to strike out a lot, and the only way to get better at dating and eventual relationships is to get practice. So stop putting so much pressure on yourself and try to have fun with the process. Treat her like a friend you're just getting to know, without any expectations. If a spark is there, then things will continue. And if not, oh well, but at least you had a good time and met someone new.