Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

can a man be fired if a female coworker falsely accuses him of sexual harassment when there's no truth to the allegation?

It depends on the institution/ field you are working in. In my position, I have seen a girl accurately accuse her boss of sexual harassment. There was evidence as clear as daylight. There was an investigation and the man just got a warning and a slap on the wrist. While the young woman had to leave as she was not protected properly. 

I share this story because it comes down to your position in the organization and who is filing the claim. 

I support women who are telling the truth and get very upset when people are not. It hurts the cause. So my question to you becomes, are you absolutely sure you did nothing that can be misconstrued as sexual harassment against this woman?  

Present your evidence, if you have any. Sometimes it’s not what you know it’s what you can prove. Other times, it’s how much worth do you have to the company that they will protect you. 

Unfortunately that is the current state of affairs. Guilty until proven innocent. 

YES.. It happens many times. I even had a Family Member who REFUSED TO HAVE SEX with a CO WORKER and she claimed harassment toward him and he was fired.. NO QUESTIONS ASKED... Fired for supposedly breaking the rules... and was told he can no longer apply to work again at the forest service.

It can happen and it probably has.

• Piero

It has happened. Check out the carnage from the #MeToo movement. Most of the men that lost their jobs, NEVER had the opportunity to confront their accusers, and no evidence was ever offered. Yet THEY were fired, or forced to resign.

That process of convicting people in the media is worse than the crimes they were accused of. Due process of law was NEVER even considered.

• rick
      4 weeks agoReport

what "claims". It's daily news for the last couple of years. Weinstein hasn't been convicted, Cosby is out on appeal, Franken got screwed, etc. No convictions, only careers ended.

Seen it happen a few times.  

MGTOW is the answer...

• Quincy4 weeks agoReport

Yes it is. Some claim that MGTOW is just a woman hating group. It’s not. Some seem that way while those new to red pill go through some red pill rage stages, overall MGTOW are spreading the gospel of how men need to take care of themselves. From predator females that are now the norm.

• Hockey

Yes. A company can make the decision to fire a person if they believe that the claim is real. 

As a rule the man is out in the street unemployed, women control the world.

It happens all the time. That is why my company is reluctant to hire women.