Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Why are people so mean?

As I was eating lunch in a public food court, some asshole that was drunk threw up right next to my chair. I immediately lost my appetite and couldn’t finish my food so I basically lost my money.Why did he have to throw up next to me??? No one was nice enough to ask if I was ok. It could have gotten on my shoe for Christ sakes. All o got were looks as I was forced to move to another seat. People are so heartless.

• mom

I am sorry that happen to you. I would of asked to speak to the manager and put a complaint in

Source(s): read second timothy chapter 3 verses 1-5

That was an unfortunate incident you encountered.  In the Bible at 2 Timothy 3:3 the scripture predicts that in the last days people will be without self-control and without love of goodness.  You encountered those characteristics during your lunch.  Sorry your lunch was ruined by that experience. 

• Frank

That was not "mean"...that was a drunk being inconsiderate of others. There is a HUGE difference...and drunk asswipes do a lot of things they would not do if they were sober.

This person was probably drunk and his behavior has little to do with what others are doing. The fact that this event stands out in your mind is because it's very rare.

• Liz

I'm sorry that happened to you. The Bible prophesied about the attitudes people would display in the "last days" which would be "critical times hard to deal with." One of those traits is "without self-control." 

• John

Where was this? Prison? Its pretty rare to find people puking all over the place you should have dialed 911 called the person an ambulance.

In general people are pretty nice.

Um, look at it this way and repeat after me on a cadence of "one two"

"I'm nothing but an asshole too self adsorbed by myself"

Just repetitively repeat that constantly until you know your shoes aren't all that important and don't tell me who you are I might whip out my wong and piss on your shoes if I ever meet you.

Your whats known as a "self adsorbed turd".

I was outside once , eating lunch, and a young man threw up all over the place with his friends who laughed. I guess in America young men are entitled to be complete assholes. People are basically fearful sheep and few are going to help others and look "foolish". We are an evil world. I was on a subway once and a woman fell down. I did help her up and ask if she is okay. I am no saint, but I would rather face God squarely than live for human approval. He threw up next to you because life is random, it's not personal, he was obviously ill. Next time someone experiences pain like that you can be the first to run up and ask them if they are okay. Be the person you want others to be, don't waste time expecting them to change. Most don't and won't. 

I would say that people were shocked, and unprepared to deal with it,  and hoping that it would not happen to them. but I am sure if you were attacked they would come to your help. 

maybe the guy vomited because you look so ugly.  ever think of that?   and nobody cares because you caused a guy to vomit.  

No manners. Disrespectful