is it wrong to think people who cry when a pet, an animal, dies are silly and weird?

is it wrong to think people who cry when a pet, an animal, dies are silly and weird?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Bee V2
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Not necessarily wrong. You're entitled to feel however you want, even though I'd disagree.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it is. Pets are often just like family members.

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes because losing a pet is like losing a family member.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not weird. You just don't understand what it's like to have a pet and lose them. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

hahaha are you mad about it? 

maybe youre silly and weird? and why are you concerned about them if you think it's silly or weird mind your business  it's that simple. 

• 1 month ago

h*ll no. pets can be like a family member and losing one hurts and anyone who has no feelings about it is just plain cold and doesn't deserve a pet.

• 1 month ago

No, definitely not, but there is no need to repeat the question.

• 1 month ago

Actually, one of the very FIRST things that attracted me to my soulmate, in one of our FIRST ever emails..? Was the beautiful, deeply moving way in which he described his love for his cat! And all the intense grief he'd felt, upon her disappearing! Like cats sometimes do... And I caught myself thinking: "wow, that's really beautiful... Imagine if someone could love me like he loved that cat! What a beautiful person he is..." <3

So yeah, I'm just saying... Not to make everything about my soulmate! Except it kind of is these days, anyway. Especially right after I've talked to him. And when I'm NOT talking to him. And.. always. :-P

Anyway, point being, though..? Is: love is beautiful! Love for animals is beautiful! Deep love, and a deep capacity, for deep emotions..? Is beautiful!! And if you can't understand it, because your soul is too shallow, and too shut off, by comparison..? Then that's just altogether too bad! For YOU.

• Cathy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I would think it weird if someone did not cry when their pet died.

• 1 month ago

It's normal to experience grief from loss of a pet. It's actually very common. There is a thing called disenfranchised grief. This means that the person's grief is not understood from others or is perceived from others as trivial or unimportant or unjustified or not acknowledged from society. Loss of a pet can fall into this category but other loses can trigger a grief response such as a divorce, moving, breakups, illness, death of celebrity even cessation from tobacco ( I was surprised to learn people grieve after they quit smoking but apparently they do)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.