Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 9 months ago

How do I obtain a police report in the matter of a noise complaint?

Is it necessary for an officer to come out to the residence, and investigate the complaint?

What happens if the neighbor's music isn't actively playing at the time police arrive?

I recorded audio and video on my cellphone of the incident. In the video it clearly shows the exterior of the apartment and the audio can be heard of my neighbor blasting his music. In the video, I start off by stating my residential address along with the date and time.

MY MAIN QUESTION IS : Can I walk into a police station and present the evidence that I have on my cell phone without an officer actually having to come out to the residence and investigate?

The reason I ask is because I want to remain anonymous. I want everything to be discrete so that the neighbor doesn't know it was me who complained.

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    WHERE?  In my State an incident report is filed unless there's an arrest.

  • Ben
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

    Well if the noise stopped when the officer arrived then there's no problem anymore really.

  • 9 months ago

    You can be anonymous, but nothing is going to happen if you do. If official action is taken, the noisy resident will have the opportunity to find out who recorded the evidence.

    Yes you can walk into the police station and play the video for them. And they will take a report if you want. The first question is Name:.......

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.