Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 4 weeks ago

Tattoo peeling?

My tattoo just started to peel, and I was wondering should I keep putting aquaphor on it?

This is completely normal, yes, keep the lotion on it! Here are the guides from my shop:

- wash 2-3 times a day with warm to room-temperature water and a clear, gentle soft soap like dial, only wash after you’ve washed your hands 

- only pat dry or air dry, with a paper towel never wipe or scrape your new ink, or use an old towel

- apply an unscented lotion (aquaphor is our favorite) 4-6 times per day, lightly though, don’t soak your tattoo in lotion, again only after you’ve washed your hands

- never scratch even if it starts peeling, it happens, it’s itchy, and it’ll heal soon!

Happy healing and hope you’re loving the new ink!

• Laura

Yes.  You don't want the skin to get very dry and peel more than it needs to and cause the tattoo to fade. 

You should wash your tattoo 4 times a day with soap and water, then massage the aquaphor into the skin.

• Hypnos

Honestly the best thing for a healing tattoo is to touch is as little as possible. I've always been told after a new addition all it needs is a gentle wash with soap and water when you shower, and then leave it alone to do it's thing. Some artists will suggest creams and other things but in my experience they always heal best with little skin to skin contact, keep it out of direct sunlight and a gentle wash when you shower.

Call and ask a tattoo artist about it.