Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 months ago

why women obsessed with their body?

I mean they are willing not to eat in order to be "in shape". lack of nutrient is not in shape.

obsessed meaning extreme like plastic surgery, endless time looking in the mirror, selfies, gym time

They want to be pretty because are females. That is all.

Society has forced us to be.

Women eat.... where have you been

Because the media beats it into them on what they are supposed to look like. When I was modeling my breakfast was a banana, lunch was a tuna salad, I might have supper, I might not.

Some women play a dangerous game, I have never been sucked in to that game.

Because it’s their biggest asset.

Once you get started on that crap, even a little, it's very hard to stop. It has a dynamic of its own. I was a wrestler in high school and college and I saw a number of both boys and girls start to starve themselves rather than merely REDUCING carb intake and increasing exercise.

I boxed in my thirties and forties, and saw the same thing.

it really just depends. i personally enjoy the idea of being thinner because i feel as if it would make me happy. women that tend to go to the conclusion that not eating would be the most effective way to handle things may have had harmful experiences in the past. don't always assume... ):

Sensible women study nutrition, limit their calorie consumption, and eat healthy foods almost exclusively.

Cutting out sugar in any form is probably the best thing anyone can do to eat properly and stay in shape.

Your comment reveals a limited view of how women eat.

I mean there are so many potential answers to this question. I think some people would tell you it's societal pressures. And I think a lot of people get a lot of self esteem from having a nice body. Self esteem is worth quite a lot to people so it makes sense that they would be obsessed with the source of it. I started working out a while ago and... not gonna lie, my biggest motivator to keep it up is that I look better now lol.