Would you sit right next to someone if there were lots of empty seats available on both sides of them?

I would take an empty seat I like a little space.

Not only that, but I'd also rub up against them, wink at them, blow them a kiss and give them bedroom eyes. I call it my litmus test.....Don't ask.

• Ludwig

No.  There is a serious problem with body lice on some London bus routes.  When I board a bus, and if I take up a 'two seat' space -

I look all those who are boarding the bus subsequently, straight in the eye.  And I give them a broad smile.  Then I pat the empty seat next to me, with my hand.  And I nod up and down.  Nobody ever sits by me.

• It depends on who they are hun.

I would take one of the empty seats away from the person

I don't like sitting in the next seat to ANYONE but, if I'm pushed then, I bite the bullet and try not to look to conspicuous holding my breath while doing it.

Depends on how I'm feeling. I generally stand.

No, at least two seats left or right of them.

• Ontol

I normally stand. 

Nope, but if I see others coming to sit then I'll move right next to them