Teen daughter betrayed me....?

I went away to have a surgical procedure done (cosmetic). My parents came to stay with my teen daughter and younger child. I told them that no one needs to know where or what Im doing, as all my immediate family already knew. (specifically not their dad). Its none of his business. While away and trying to recover, I get a nasty text message from him about what Im doing! I asked and found out my daughter was the one who told him, even after I specifically told her not to! Shes 16 years old and should know the difference by now. She said it slipped out. But never gives details as to how. I dont know how to get over this betrayal. I am very hurt that she would do this to me. I really need help getting over it because I really thought we were closer than that. I am her mother after all and do everything for my children so I dont understand how she could do that to me. What can I do?

I don't believe your daughter met to hurt her or betray you.  Please remember that teenagers say and do the craziest things - they aren't adults yet and have much to experience and learn.  She may be feeling pretty bad for telling her father as it is.  It happened.  Things happen.  Your ex does not have a say in what you do.  I have learned through the years that it's better to just let them say what they.  Just smile knowing you will have the procedure done no matter who knows!  It will pass. Keep your relationship with your daughter on the up and up and forgive her.  She loves you and her Dad.  Don't put her in the middle - it will hurt her immensely now and as an adult.  Take care of you and take care of your family.

Source(s): Own opinion

Don't blame your daughter for doing what you should have done.

She is 16 not 26 and she is still at the age where she tries to please everyone she loves, even if it means doing something she shouldn't do.. It wasn't an act of betrayal it was the giddiness that comes with being a teenager that got the best of her. I'm sure you did stupid **** that pissed your parents off when you were a kid

Terrible, nobody should ever do that to another.  I feel you.

If she apologized then you need to accept her apology and move on. I think you need to blame your ex, not her. What business is it of his what you do or don't do?

That's is awful!

Get over it.  You cannot tell anyone to do something and your deception caught up with you.  She is a young lady and has her rights as to do anything.

• drip

Sounds like a troll post,  it a post from a grown women with a teenager.

No she did not betray you. Get a grip. 

You never should of told her keep secrets. She let it slip. She a kid. Gads adults can accidentally slip and say something they shouldn’t. 

You shouldn’t make her feel bad. 

• drip
      3 weeks agoReport

Don’t divulge the information does mean don’t tell anyone, which is a secret. She didn’t intentionally do wrong, 

Your daughter didn’t do anything wrong, she was Probably uncomfortable with your retarded decision. I assume your divorced since you say it’s not his business but I bet his child support money paid for it. Your a mouth breathing sow billy and your daughter was right not to hide things from HER dad

Source(s): Common sense
    • Daniebee3 weeks agoReport

He doesnt pay child support loser. I paid for it all on my own thanks! 

That's not a betrayal, that's just looking out for your own best interests, and done through love. You consciously tried to keep this hidden from your husband, and you did that because you knew it was wrong. She is equally your husband's daughter as she is your daughter. And even if you say they have no right to know, they really do have a right to know. Unnecessary elective surgery is putting your own life in danger. The chances of something going wrong during surgery are non-zero, so it's better to avoid it, unless it's absolutely necessary due to an illness, or accident.

• Daniebee3 weeks agoReport

I didnt go get breast implants or something superficial.

• Kelly

This too, will pass.

I never gave 2 shiiiits what my kids told their dad.

• Mark

When people are ridiculously coy about having some sort of "medical procedure", I usually think the worst:  "Oh, I bet she had a mastectomy" or "I bet he had a hemerrhoidectomy".  So your daughter in a way did you a favour.