Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 8 months ago

Do you normally use oil filled radiators as space heaters?

You know those oil filled radiators that are space heaters.

Do you all use them?

• glcang

Yes,all winter long. I keep it on low..does awesome job at reasonable cost

• Sathi

I use a small electric heater to warm the bathroom before taking a shower. It’s in the corner, nowhere near water.

Not me.  I like the blowing of warm air against me for immediate heat. My heater is out of a car. so just a little 800Watt unit that is 120 Volt.  It is a car preheater.

sure,if the line is not overloaded,they work nicely,,dont tip them over, step on the cord,

• Ann

My space heaters  are electric.  Years ago, we used gas space heaters (with open flames), but those aren't around any longer.  I wish I could use a wood stove, but they're considered polluters where I live.  People here do use wood fireplaces, but our house didn't come with one.

Nope, I use my wood stove. Better I use it than have it hauled an hour away to be incinerated and turned into electricity at 30% efficiency.

We had one to augment the heat in a cold room . . . . the thermometer said it was warmer - but it didn't feel any warmer.  We replaced with a conventional heater with fan  (which also provides instant heat - the oil filled radiators take hours to heat a room . . . really need to be left on all the time).

i dont use them, my apt already has heat

Yes. I keep one on all winter in my workshop, I use one in my sewing room, and I have used two all winter for heating the house.

• Mark

I used to use one.  (They are cool enough to touch [you don't have to worry about getting burned], but they do a VERY good job of heating.  I don't now, because I moved to a place where it is usually warm all year round and usually the furnace works for me.  However, in the last three days, it has gotten bitterly cold, and even with the furnace going, it was very cold in my bedroom, as even though I have "thermal drapes", I also have an entire window that is a window.