Do you normally use oil filled radiators as space heaters?

You know those oil filled radiators that are space heaters.

Do you all use them?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • glcang
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Yes,all winter long. I keep it on low..does awesome job at reasonable cost

• 4 weeks ago

I use a small electric heater to warm the bathroom before taking a shower. It’s in the corner, nowhere near water.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not me.  I like the blowing of warm air against me for immediate heat. My heater is out of a car. so just a little 800Watt unit that is 120 Volt.  It is a car preheater.

• 4 weeks ago

sure,if the line is not overloaded,they work nicely,,dont tip them over, step on the cord,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My space heaters  are electric.  Years ago, we used gas space heaters (with open flames), but those aren't around any longer.  I wish I could use a wood stove, but they're considered polluters where I live.  People here do use wood fireplaces, but our house didn't come with one.

• In
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

They are still available and are a code approved heating source.
      https://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-Venting-Cooling-Heaters-Wall-Heaters-Gas-Wall-Heaters/Unvented/N-5yc1vZc7e2Z1z0w9qq

• 4 weeks ago

Nope, I use my wood stove. Better I use it than have it hauled an hour away to be incinerated and turned into electricity at 30% efficiency.

• 4 weeks ago

We had one to augment the heat in a cold room . . . . the thermometer said it was warmer - but it didn't feel any warmer.  We replaced with a conventional heater with fan  (which also provides instant heat - the oil filled radiators take hours to heat a room . . . really need to be left on all the time).

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i dont use them, my apt already has heat

• 4 weeks ago

Yes. I keep one on all winter in my workshop, I use one in my sewing room, and I have used two all winter for heating the house.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I used to use one.  (They are cool enough to touch [you don't have to worry about getting burned], but they do a VERY good job of heating.  I don't now, because I moved to a place where it is usually warm all year round and usually the furnace works for me.  However, in the last three days, it has gotten bitterly cold, and even with the furnace going, it was very cold in my bedroom, as even though I have "thermal drapes", I also have an entire window that is a window.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.