Christians:Jesus (God) was tempted by Satan. So God was tempted by his own creation. How come he didn't know about this when he's omniscient?

According to Luke 1:26-33 the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary to tell her that she would give birth to God’s son to name him Jesus. Then at John 14:28 Jesus said that the Father was greater than him. This makes it impossible for God to be tempted by Satan because he & Jesus are separate individuals.

I don't think I've read so many ridiculous 'answers'. Incredible. With that out of the way.... It's puzzling isn't it? I mean... if God 'knows everything' how could He not have known? It's a great question. As I see it.. God is neither omniscient or omnipresent. Consider Genesis 18:20-21 where it says, "Then the Lord said, “The cries of injustice from Sodom and Gomorrah are countless, and their sin is very serious! 21 I will go down now to examine the cries of injustice that have reached me. Have they really done all this? If not, I want to know.” 

Who told you that Jesus is God? Not the Bible.

• David B.
      3 weeks agoReport

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? To quote Jesus " You are in error for you do not know the scriptures nor the power of God"

If I had a time machine and knew what you would say 10 minutes from now would that take away your right to say it? Jesus limited Himself to the form of a man and was tempted by Satan, but He never wanted what was offered.  He MODELLED for us how to resist the devil (just like He modelled resting for us on the seventh day... God doesn’t require rest).

Christian here. Well, our deity is a moron. 

There is "temptation", and there is the yielding to it. Satan misused scripture in that attempt, and Jesus used scripture to refute Satan. Satan lost and went away.

GOD DID NOT CREATE SATAN YOU STUPID IDIOT. SATAN WAS AN ANGEL MEANING HE WAS ALWAYS THERE JUST LIKE GOD, JESUS, THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE ANGELS. YOU ARE A FOOL

• Nine Lives
      3 weeks agoReport

😂 funny to see that you use capture letters and obviously believe in the God fairy tale.

• yesmar

What was there to know?  Your question seems to be missing something.  He was tempted but did not give in to temptation because he’s impervious to the temptation.

Jesus is not God.  

God cannot be tempted.  Ever.  In any form.  

Jesus was tempted.  Several times.  He remained obedient and perfect.

Jesus is not God.

God cannot be tempted. Ever. In any form.

Jesus was tempted. Several times. He remained obedient and perfect.

God did not create Satan.   God created many angels, one of which rebelled and turned himself into a satan. The word satan means resister. That is why Jesus once called Peter Satan. Because Peter  was unknowingly resisting God’s will by suggesting that Jesus take it easy. When used with a definite article, and used as a name, it refers to the first rebel – whom we now know as Satan the Devil. Satan the Devil = Resister the Slanderer. That is what those words mean.  And that is what the rebellious angel turned himself into. 

Hoped this clarified things for you.

Hannah J Paul

• Hannah J Paul
      3 weeks agoReport

Anonymous, I am still awaiting your exposure of my so-called contradiction. Do you suppose it is forthcoming?

Your ignorance of scripture is conspicuous by asking this. I'm surprised you didn't ask this about the first time he tempted Gods' creation!