How is Bill Gates still making money if he's no longer the CEO of Microsoft?
He just topped Jeff Bezos as the world richest man. How?
- JudyLv 79 months ago
He has a couple shares of stock, and likely other investments. Geez, do you think he was living paycheck to paycheck?
- Anonymous9 months ago
He's probably got some saved up here and there, and he might be taking Social Security as well (age: 64, can you take it then?). He also has a foundation that like throws money at poor people and stuff so that's a legitimate business where he probably takes a cut.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 79 months ago
I'm not even sure if he is still "making" money; he might just be living off what he already made.
- 9 months ago
As far as I'm aware:
1) Amazon stocks took a nose-dive recently from what i remember seeing in my news feeds.
2) Bill Gates still owns stock in Microsoft + many other things too (and is apparently buds with Warren Buffet).... one list I've seen suggests Bill Gates owns stock in:
- Walmart (11.6million shares)
- Caterpillar Inc. (11.2million shares)
- Canadian National Railroad (17.1million shares)
- FedEx (3million shares)
- Liberty Global
- Berkshire Hathaway
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- RichardLv 79 months ago
He has Microsoft stock, and the stock pays dividends. He also has a multibillion dollar investment account that would yield dividends and capital gains.
- L. E. GantLv 79 months ago
He still owns shares in M$, and gets dividends