Anonymous

Should I tell my parents?

There is a chance I may be the father of my friends unborn child and I’m not sure of whether I should tell my parents. She’s still only about two months along and we’re still trying to figure things out but she’s saying she wants to keep the baby. We aren’t exactly together, we just hooked up a few times (after she broke up with her boyfriend of four years) so while I want to believe it’s mine there’s a viable chance it’s not. I’m not a teen and we actually both graduated college two years ago and have good jobs so it’s not something all too crazy given the circumstance, but should I wait to tell them? My parents are both in their early 50s and this would be their first grandchild. I’m looking at thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with them and don’t know if there’s really a better time.

Don't dump this on them during the holidays. If this woman is insisting on keeping the baby you can wait until the DNA testing is done. If it's not yours your parents will never have to know about the near miss you had. If it turns out to be yours then at least they'll have had a peaceful Christmas without knowing this yet.

Better be sure who the daddy is first

• Linda

Don't say anything unless you know for sure. Only a paternity test can determine who is the father and so it could be any of you.

Wait. I say that because natural miscarriages are not uncommon within the first trimester (1-12 weeks), she's not your partner, you don't know for sure if the child is yours, and it's simply too soon to make announcements. What she wants and what her plans might develop to be are still in formation. Whatever choices YOU make... your parents don't need to know about until after all these holidays are over. This young woman won't even be "showing" until then and her story might change too. You also need time to adjust to the several ways you'll think and feel about this before you make an actual informed decision for yourself.

In other words, this isn't about your parents and chill out on all this grandparents announcements stuff until you really have something besides a "maybe" to announce.

• Teal

Most people wait until they are past their first trimester to announce a pregnancy, the odds of miscarriage are much lower at that point. Otherwise, whether or not you tell them depends on your relationship with them. This is a significant event in your life, even if you aren't the father it would be good to have some emotional support. But if you think they will take it badly or cause you more stress, then wait until you can get a DNA test.

There is a non-invasive blood test that can determine paternity while she is still pregnant. It's expensive, but worth considering if you want to settle this before she gives birth.

The baby COULD be her ex's, or some other guy's since you were never a couple for that matter.

I have had that happen to me more than once with different woman saying that they were knocked up with MY seed, but they only said that because I own a big house to myself, so it was all about convenience for them.

So DON'T tell your parents until you both get tested to makes sure that IT IS YOURS, or until the child is born. Or you might end up raising some other guy;s baby and/or shock and disappoint YOUR parents in the end M8.

Source(s): Brainos in el Cabeza

Have you ever heard or used responsibility? It use to be the real man would always marry, and stay forever!  For the protection of all three of them! 

Tell your parents. If you refuse to be respectable, they can still send their LOVE and get great enjoyment! 

Look at the thousands and thousands of single solders that had sex while in the military during the World Wars, she got pregnant, and they married! Just look at WW2!  Stayed married all of their lives! LOVE they included! 

Although LOVE only comes from and with GOD! 

Atheists cannot feel anymore than each of their own LUST, for only each of their own wants!  The real cause of Divorces! And why you are trying to run away from your real responsibilities!  How about bring GOD and LOVE into your life? 

• dman63

Get a DNA test first so you can actually confirm that you’re the father.  If you are, then you’ll have to go about the business of telling your parents and everything else connected with it.  If her ex is the father then it’s on his shoulders.  

So what exactly are you going to tell them.  You had sex with a girl who'd been in a 4 yr. relationship and just those few times resulted in a pregnancy, not all the times she was with her ex.  She's playing you and you are letting her.  At this point, just tell her you will have to wait until the child is born and the DNA tests are done before you get any more involved.  Next she'll be wanting you to pay for dr. visits and the hospital, etc....when most likely the baby isn't yours.

Leave your parents out of this highly questionable situation until after the baby is born.