Is it weird that I never want to be pregnant?

I really don't want to go thru pregnancy. I have sort of a phobia about it, since I was a kid. Just thinking about being pregnant makes me feel like I'm going to faint. Just writing this question out has made me lightheaded.

Favorite Answer

God no!

Society and mothers( grandma) pushes this off on girls.

Some girls like some guys really were not made to be parents who enjoy it and that's ok.

Kids are expensive 

Kids are highly over rated

I worked with young children for or 25 years. My adult children have no desire to have children.

My Daughter has a Ph.D in Education, 12 years of college. She teaches Professor how to teach more effectively. She's really doing well $$$. Plus no debt, full scholarship. 

Son went to the Air Force, he's never in one place long enough to develop a relationship and also said he'd never have kids.

I'm fine with that.

Think about this for a minute which one person didn't like. ....most women are not taught from parents to be independent, get a degree and career. Some parents never stop prying...marriage baby, grandkids. For the most part what would most women do if they didn't have children? Too lazy to work on a degree, low self esteem for high profile career....they would be nothings... so pumping out a baby is the easiest thing for them to do and they can keep sitting.

Be proud of your choice...my hair dresser just told me she's not the mother type and so when dating she only dates guys with no kids, that don't want any either....

• something fishy
      22 hours agoReport

Thanks for the best answer you made my day. Never cave in to the parent that keeps asking for grandkids that's rude and crazy and I'd tell them that. I never asked my daughter when she would marry or have children. I know that's a personal choice and no ones business. Some parents never stop.

• Edna
    1 week ago

What's weird is having a phobia about being pregnant, for no good  reason (especially when you've never been pregnant). What is there about pregnancy that could give you a phobia?  The long-ago days when 1 out of 5 women died in childbirth are LONG in the past, and most pregnant women are as healthy as a horse. There's nothing you do when you're not pregnant, that you can't do when you're pregnant. 

Not really. That's so common there's a psychological term for it, "tokophobia".

you seem very young. big deal.

No, that's smart. 

• dman63

There’s nothing weird or wrong with not wanting to get pregnant.  It’s a personal matter and nobody else’s concern.

The species will likely survive your lack of desire to reproduce. It is perfectly FINE to not want to have a baby. You are okay. In fact, there are a lot of women who have the money to pay someone else to have their baby for them because they don't want to go thru a pregnancy either. It's quite the business now.

It is a little unusual to experience this to the extent you get lightheaded. It does sound like a phobia stemming from childhood. Much of what we think is voluntary and we do have the ability to think outside the square to try and overcome our fears. There are self-help books and YouTube videos and audiobooks on how to overcome our fears as well as therapists who may help, but are costly. There are various methods of contraception or if you really don't want children, you could have your tubes tied or have a hysterectomy. 

Nope, not everyone is enamored with the thought of something growing in you.

• Linda

No. Some people do not want kids and you might be one of them. There is nothing wrong with you.

Keep your legs closed until you have somekind of confidence and learn something about pregnancy etc...if you still confused just keep your legs closed