How can people get away with charging up to 8.00 for shipping a mug on ebay?

They lowball the prices and then charge a fortune for shipping. Or it's the same exact price. Really, it costs that much to ship a mug? Is this consumer gouging.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

sounds very extortionate to me.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Because people focus on the upfront price.  They price that low enough to make the sale and then charge on shipping to make (in their mind at least), a reasonable profit.

• 3 weeks ago

Shipping fees are very clear on eBay - if you don't want to pay $8 to ship a mug, then don't buy it.

• 3 weeks ago

Obviously, you haven't shipped much.  It costs $2.99 just to send an envelope with the tiniest of a flat thing in it.  The box, wrapped in bubble wrap - you don't want it to break, do you?  And, because it is a breakable item, it is probably being sent insured.  The box is probably 8 x 8  x 8.  That's what is necessary to send a mug wrapped in bubble wrap.

Source(s): Done a LOT of shipping.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Is simple, those who won't pay that, move on.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Have you tried to mail anything lately?  Postage rates went up a lot last January.

I've have had people offer me $10 for an item that will cost at least $12 to ship.

• 3 weeks ago

Did you NOT click on shipping??  I always check that.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.