Should I call a code enforcement officer to look at my leaking roof that is still under waranty.?

The roofing company that put the roof on are not cooperating to fix the problem.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • I care
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

So sorry this is happening concerning your new roof.  It is sad how many crooks are out there just looking for others unaware.  Talk to a lawyer as to what can be done,  and find out there fee first to know what is involved money wise.  Best of luck.

I got to thinking and usually we are given a warranty paper about such as you had put in...….take this also to the lawyer...

• 3 weeks ago

They are not in any way an officer- it's just a title. They'd take your money and then say tough @#%.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

@Steven: International Code Council generates the vast majority of building and fire codes used throughout the USA.  Odd that you don't know that.  ICCsafe dot org.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

"Code Enforcement" isn't going to help you.  If you want legal advice, go talk to a lawyer. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You should call your lawyer. The contract is between you and the roofing company.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

That would not help. They point out problems. They don't help you fix them. 

• Joe
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If the roofer pulled a permit originally, and the work was inspected and approved afterward, your local code enforcement department will most likely not want to have anything to do with it at this point.

I think you are going to need an attorney.  It may or may not come to court; involving an attorney usually gets some kind of response from the contractor.

• 4 weeks ago

Code enforcement can CONDEMN the building until repairs are made. The CAN'T force the contractor to make repairs.

The way to recover damages from the contractor is to SUE. Your attorney will probably advise you to hire someone else to repair the roof and sue for the cost of doing so.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Code enforcement can also fine contractors for code violations, giving the contractors some incentive to "do it right".

• 4 weeks ago

consult an attorney. you are going to end up suing, almost for certain

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

you can try doing that

• Greg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Usually the call would be to whomever controls contractor's licenses.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.