is 3,888 population small for a town?

i hate where i live! anxiety isuses are holding me back from leaving on my own.

Yes its very small, i live in a town with 90k people and i still consider it small :)

Yes it is a small town, but moving to a big city many not be an answer either.

• reme_1

Kind of small. I lived in a town of 2000- not even a traffic light. I'm used to good sized towns- 30,000 - 50,000.

yes, it is a very small town, to me a small town is a town of up to 50,000 people

Yes, it is on the smallish size. There are certainly smaller towns for sure. Anything under a population of 5000 would be considered a country town. Between 5000 - 20,000 would be considered a small town. Between 20,000 and 100,000 is a mid sized town and over 100,000 a large town. A city is a legally defined entity with a structured system of governance, and which has delegated powers to oversee local legislation as well as the management of resources. A city is not based on population size but rather how it is structured.

Every town has issues. 12 years ago I moved from a city of 1 million to a town of 16K because the more people the more issues. It took me 3 years to stop looking over my shoulder for the bad man who might be trying to get me. I've gone back to visit several times but as for living there? NO WAY! The people here are polite and the crime rate is almost non-existent. Plus the pace of life before was killing me. 

Source(s): Life's experiences in both places.

A  place of that size would make it the second largest place in the Yukon Territory, so, for up here, it would be big.  Down south, it would be fairly small.

• oikoσ

My township has less than a tenth of that number. I don't mind it a bit. 

If you want to move to a town that is larger or even the big city, start looking for a job. Yes, it's a big step but it is the way to get what you want.

• A C

That's pretty small, yes.  Regarding anxiety, look up Philippians 4:6-8 in the Bible.  In fact, read the entire New Testament.  Lots of answers about life there.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John; then Romans. 

• .

Not if you live by a large town or city.    Not some place like Washtucna, WA.