Can we be held accountable for not believing in God if we are incapable of knowing whether God exists or not?
- JeancommunicatesLv 73 weeks ago
For I am not ashamed (This is Paul) of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (Paul was speaking to the Romans, the Greeks.)
17. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18.l For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. 20. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are WITHOUT EXCUSE. 21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. 24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves. 25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen 26. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due. 28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Do you take pleasure in watching movies rate R or worse that have graphic language, violence w/blood and gore, naked sexual acts? Then, even if you don't do them, you take pleasure in watching them that do them.
- Ernest SLv 73 weeks ago
... (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come...
- 3 weeks ago
WE don't hold anyone accountable, God does. It is by the grace of God that we believers are not held accountable for our sins.
- 3 weeks ago
For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- CarymLv 63 weeks ago
We know that those who do not have the mental capacity to choose, like 'stillborn babies (abortions), infants, and children' etc., will go to Heaven.
If perhaps you are referring to someone with autism -- I suppose there's leniency for those who have such disabilities: it is not a choice it is a disability and it is not the sufferer's fault. Therefore, because the brain is wired differently, it cannot be imputed to *them as sin. But they still need baptism and they are also required to uphold what they do understand to the best of their ability.
There is therefore no need to be unduly alarmed about these things because God is in control, and He is fair [Psalm 145: 17], The Lord, is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His deeds.
I don't know if you know of anyone struggling with this. But I still believe that God is the Healer.
And for those who do not fall under those categories, God gave equal opportunity to choose their own destiny. So there is no excuse. That said, we can only enter heaven, GOD's WAY, not our own.
- sk8terboy1963Lv 43 weeks ago
Absolutely. You can be a rapist, pedophile, mass murderer or anything else and STILL get into heaven if you but believe. The only sin that is totally unforgivable is disbelief. The god of the bible demands that you believe with blind faith. Not with facts, proof or evidence, but with a completely blind approach. How does that even make any sense?
- RichardLv 43 weeks ago
nope, we should not be held accountable
- Chi girlLv 73 weeks ago
For when people of the nations, who do not have the Law, do by nature the things of the Law, these people, although not having the Law, are a law unto themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the Law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them, and by their own thoughts they are being accused or even excused. Romans 2:14 -15
Those who are good and loving are pleasing in His eyesSource(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
- 3 weeks ago
Held accountable to me, us, humanity. We all issue a hall pass for not believing in god. No worries. It’s just us anyway. Who else would one be accountable to.
- PaulLv 63 weeks ago
No-one is "incapable" of knowing God exists. Everyone is ignorant of the existence of God at birth, and ignorant of everything else. Over time, we learn various things. The majority of people learn of the existence of God. Some don't.