Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 3 weeks ago

Is it now ok to wear white pants after Labor Day?

I bought my bf a pair of fitted white jeans. They look great on him. However,  he is from the north (Pa) & he insists people shouldn't wear white after Labor Day. I was born & raised in Fla so people where I'm from wear white all year. 

• Joe

LOL....this isn't 1954. Where what you want !!!!

According to The Emily Post Institute (named after the queen of good manners), it is now perfectly acceptable to wear white after Labor Day, provided the fabric is weather appropriate. 

You could try pointing out some well-dressed people who wear white in the winter. However, if your bf is not comfortable wearing them, they'll likely stay in his closet until spring. 

Wear whatever you want this is a free country

He can own them and wear them when he chooses. I live in PA. Anyone wearing white now, looks like a dork to us Yankees.

• kristy

Men don’t look good in white jeans

The original outdated rule was no white SHOES after labor Day and before Memorial Day.  It was never a blanket prohibited on all things white. A crisp white shirt is suitable all year long.  White winter coats look classy. White hats, scarves and mitts brighten up dark winter days. And white jeans are absolutely fine no matter what time of year. Unless he still wears a fedora, a tweed jacket with elbow patches and smokes a pipe he doesn't need to follow such an old out of date rule.

• audrey

That is can old fashioned rule that is no longer true. You can wear white any time you feel like it!

who cares. rules are made to be broken.