Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

What is the percentage of welfare that is used by single mother or women in general?

You would expect women who only have 1 income and children to need welfare, so I'd hope it would be higher than men (for the children). I'm sure this is a scandal to you though. And I bet you're against men being forced to pay child support. And probably against abortion too. Or free birth control. What exactly are these evil, evil sluts supposed to do? Oh, I bet know your solution! Become prostitutes?

If you're talking about the US our welfare rules all but bar anyone who isn't the custodial guardian of a minor from receiving aid. So as women are almost always the ones left with the kids when a relationship fizzles it only makes sense that they're the ones getting most of the public benefits. In fact one of the reasons some black leaders point to as the impetus for men to leave is that most households cannot receive aid if there's a working age/non-disabled male in the home.

• liz

Nobody knows that because, away from the heated pool of hatred in GS towards single mothers, the rest of the world doesn’t fixate on single mothers to any great degree. 

Pretty much all women are on welfare when you factor in public schools, obamacare etc... we live in a matriarchal gynocracy where men are forced to work and provision for women as a function of female privilege ..

I think that depends on how you define "welfare." There's Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF), the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security, Farm Aid, housing assistance, heating assistance and dozens of other state and federal social programs.

I doubt anyone has done the math to figure the percentage of ALL these programs that are utilized by women. However, I do know that most common recipient of TANF is single white women, but the demographic with the highest percentage of TANF recipients is single black women.