My sink is clogged and have tried everything?

I have a double sink with a garbage disposal.  I used liquid plumber, the snake chain, took the pipes apart and didn't see a clog, but it was some black buildup but nothing to clog the sink.  Took the garbage disposal apart and cleaned it out.  Took the snake chain and as far as it would go.  The thing that puzzles me is when I let the water run on both sides the water runs thru.  As soon as I make dish water and wash dishes and let the water out, the water fills up on both sides backed up.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for the advice.  The issue is fixed.  Sometimes it's best to do things on your own to AVOID calling the plumber because it can be expensive.  I decided to use a different plumbing snake chain with the assistance from my drill.  The snake chain went thru the blockage and now it's unclogged. It looked like some black old grease and old food stuck in the pipe.  Thanks everyone.  

Favorite Answer

Run hot water down it for a while to dissolve the clog further down. It sounds as if there is a narrow opening but the pipes are partically clogged, so soap bubbles stop everything. 

After a few hours of not using the sink, turn on the taps and see how long it takes for the water to back up. That way you have an idea of how far along it is clogged. 

it was some black buildup but nothing to clog the sink.

HALF of that is false under ANY set of facts.

The buildup IS something to clog the sink.

You may have an air gap problem. The water will not run out of the pipe unless you can get air in the pipe behind the water. Otherwise you would pull a vacuum, and the water won't flow. Your sink has a vent that goes up through the roof to let air into the pipe behind the water. Take a garden hose up on the roof and wash out the vent line. If you can flush out the vent and sewer line with a garden hose, the line is not blocked. So the problem is in the drain lines under the sink or over to the main sewer line where the vent connects.

did you call a plumber? No.? then you have not tried everything have you

• In

It sounds like the vent stack may be blocked not allowing air into the drain. Try running a rod or snake down the vent stack from the roof. If there is no blockage then an air admittance valve (Studor Vent) can be added under the sink.

• NONAME

follow your dishwasher...it has a pipe that leads to the disposal...that pipe is probably clogged

• STEVEN F
      3 weeks agoReport

Even if that line was blocked, it WOULD NOT clog the sink.

Call a plumber duh

There may be a fat clog near the street where it joins the main. Try pouring a few gallons of boiling water down the drain.

• Dze

theres a problem further down the line .. if you have a septic its a good bet its full or a problem with that ..

• Help3 weeks agoReport

I live in the city an the city drains a pond maybe that is clogged