Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Atheists, don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are?

• Sky

Why would that make anyone sad?  Of course life is more than who we are.  The hydrogen in our bodies was formed by the cooling plasma after the big bang.  The carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and other elements in our bodies were forged in the cores of massive stars that then exploded in supernovas, scattering those elements out into the galaxy to become the next generation of stars, and planets, which in one case became our planet and the chemicals that led to life and eventually us.  The universe is in us and we are the universe.  As one atheist youtuber poetically put it, "I stepped out of a supernova."  With our consciousness and intellect, as Carl Sagan put it, "We are a way for the universe to know itself."  Don't you realize how empowering and uplifting those facts are?  It is FAR more uplifting than the story of "we were made by a deity who narcissistically made a dirt model of himself and brought to life with a golem spell, and then declared us to be worthless condemned sinners not worthy of being saved from eternal torture unless we grovel and worship hard enough."  Holy sh!t, religion is depressing.

• Doc

No, not really,

• Archer

Actually no for I do not focus on just me but also on those who are significant in my life for I am that which "I" created, where "I" chose to be in life and doing that which "I" chose to do with full awareness and empathy for that and those around me. Attempting to validate myself by telling others my specific choice in the gods is the only correct one seems to be a waist of a life.

doesn't, not don't. Doesn't it make you sad to know your grammar is pitiful?

Um.... what?????????

Ok, you're stupid. Thanks. Bye

• Steven

Life is above us all and is in us all therefore we do not live but life lives in us therefore we do not have eternal life. lol

It makes me sad to know that there are people like you bothering people like me when we're trying to mind our own business.

• Lv 7

And BA will be given to a non-atheist, watch. Ask us a question, ignore the answer, then ask "Why are atheists even here?!" Same sad cycle.