Is it healthy to eat icecubes?

I used to but my mom told me to stop because its not healthy? was she right?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Unhealthy? I mean, they could chip your teeth and cause bloating and discomfort in your stomach, maybe that's what she meant? But not really anything else. 

• 2 weeks ago

Only if you constantly chew it because it's rough on the teeth but other than that it's perfectly fine because it's just water and everyone needs that.

• art
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

it wont do your body any harm, but you will damage your teeth

people who eat a lot of ice are supposed to be short of certain vitimins, maybe you should get a blood test from your doc, or try taking a daily multi-vitimin

• Only if the ice cubes are from flint michigan

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Ask your dentist.  I'd bet the dentist says you could damage your teeth that way.

• 3 weeks ago

Diet Ice Cubes maybe.  Maybe bad on the teeth when you crunch them.  lol

• 3 weeks ago

lmaoooo it's just water so you'll be fine but chewing the ice cubes could break your teeth

• 3 weeks ago

no, just another way to hydrate yourself.

Source(s): nurse
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I love eating ice.It can be a sign of anemia . I am anemic .So bring on the ice and have your blood levels checked .

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's healthy to eat them in the sense of "letting them melt into liquid water."  What ISN'T healthy is chewing on ice cubes - you could break a tooth.  It's fine to chew on ice CHIPS, though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.