Is it healthy to eat icecubes?

I used to but my mom told me to stop because its not healthy? was she right?

Unhealthy? I mean, they could chip your teeth and cause bloating and discomfort in your stomach, maybe that's what she meant? But not really anything else. 

Only if you constantly chew it because it's rough on the teeth but other than that it's perfectly fine because it's just water and everyone needs that.

• art

it wont do your body any harm, but you will damage your teeth

people who eat a lot of ice are supposed to be short of certain vitimins, maybe you should get a blood test from your doc, or try taking a daily multi-vitimin

• Only if the ice cubes are from flint michigan

Ask your dentist.  I'd bet the dentist says you could damage your teeth that way.

Diet Ice Cubes maybe.  Maybe bad on the teeth when you crunch them.  lol

lmaoooo it's just water so you'll be fine but chewing the ice cubes could break your teeth

no, just another way to hydrate yourself.

Source(s): nurse
  • Cammie

I love eating ice.It can be a sign of anemia . I am anemic .So bring on the ice and have your blood levels checked .

• Mark

It's healthy to eat them in the sense of "letting them melt into liquid water."  What ISN'T healthy is chewing on ice cubes - you could break a tooth.  It's fine to chew on ice CHIPS, though.