What are some things that are better now than they were when you were growing up?

• Regwah

Maybe my bad temper.

Gardening is now an app-based game, instead of a dirty chore that forces me to go outside.

• Ludwig

Toilet paper

Cars are generally safer than they were in the 60's and 70's.  I remember some of our early family clunkers didn't even have seatbelts because the law at the time did not require them.  Gone are the days when you could cram 30 kids into the back of a station wagon, or have a kid lay across the front or back dash.  (I do miss the old station wagon days, sitting in the rear-facing far back seat, making faces at drivers behind us.)

Today, cars have airbags, anti-lock breaks, anti-skid control, and some of them automatically brake if they detect an obstruction.

The big one is living conditions but, even in the 21st century there are still people living in abject poverty, some their own fault. We can blame the government for a lot of things, but people need to take responsibility for their actions and not rely on other people so much.

Computers without a doubt

Medicine. My grandpa died from colon cancer, and I doubt he or anyone else even knew he had it. Now we check people from age 50. They caught my cancer, and it didn't even go into my body.

Televisions in general. When I was little we had a black and white TV, and was glad to have that. Three channels.

Openness. The baby boomers were raised to hide their sorrows. Sometimes that is wise, but too often, it is harmful. You need to know that you're not the only person going through problems. Other people also need to know, so they can help you.