The Catholic Church's doctrine concerning Jesus and the NT is based on lies, deceit and deception. But what are you going to do about it?

The Catholic Church has claimed that "Jesus had never interpreted the New Testament", because the NT had never existed during the lifetime of Christ in the 1st century AD.

But this specious remark is completely utterly FALSE.

Because Jesus is still the Son of God and therefore He Reigns at the right hand of God's majesty in heaven.

Which implies that He can still interpret the New Testament from His own vantage point in heaven.

Also, there is nothing at all in the Bible to say that the Second Coming of Christ cannot interpret the New Testament, which He will do when Jesus returns to establish the Millennial kingdom.

Consequently, the Catholic Church's specious doctrine about Jesus not being able to interpret the New Testament is completely utterly false.

Since Jesus is God there is nothing to prevent His interpretation of the New Testament. Regardless of the time, place or society.

Are the Elders of the Church so stupid that they are unable to comprehend such basic doctrine?

Why has the Church used such blatant LIES concerning Jesus's alleged "inability" to interpret the New Testament?

Are you ignorant, or plain stupid?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The Catholic Church has never said such a thing. The Bible is the Word of God, He doesn’t need to interpret it, He wrote it

• DP.
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

It claims to be His "living and active" word because He was the author.

• Prince
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

"Only the Roman Catholic Church has authority to interpret Scripture    CCC 100, "The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him."https://carm.org/catholic/list-of-roman-catholic-f...

https://7drizzles7.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/sur...

https://www.lovethetruth.com/bible/KJB/kjb_chart-l...

http://jamesjpn.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Pop...

http://vjesnici.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Pop...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/1e/ac/3f1eace41f...

Attachment image
    • Prince
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Yes. The scripture is God breathed. The organizations of RCC, JWs profess that they are the ones that have the authority to do these.

• DP.
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Catholics are confused!

The bible tells us that Jesus is "the truth" and the "word" and the bible is "living and active"

Jesus has no reason to interpret the NT because it's LIVING and ACTIVE.. ie. Him.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

"Jesus had never interpreted the New Testament", because the NT had never existed during the lifetime of Christ in the 1st century AD.

But this specious remark is completely utterly FALSE."

Jesus did not write the NT,  He was not alive during the writing of the NT.  According to the NT he died, rose again and spent 40 days traveling around being seen.  

No account in the NT says that Jesus wrote anything. He spoke, he preached, he told various stories. But he had nothing to do with actually writing the Bible NT.  In fact most of the supposed apostle authors of the NT were actually the authors at all. 

All this makes your statement completely and utterly false and a your rant is mostly bigot talk about the RCC.  

• Rayal
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

What?  I have no dog in this fight or an agenda.  Twisting for your benefit is what you are doing.   from his vantage point at the right hand of God's power in heaven.  I cannot even find the goalposts you have moved them so far from your original question. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • The entire body of Christianity is based on lies, deceit and deception, heavily distorting the original Judaic beliefs 

• This comment has done nothing to remedy the actual problem, which is the underlying basis of this article.

• 3 weeks ago

Jesus and god are both fictional characters that only dimwits believe in. I have no interest in your silly internecine squabbles over doctrine. If anyone is "ignorant, or plain stupid" it's you, picklehead.

• 3 weeks ago

Who  claims Jesus never wrote any words of the NT because he was illiterate .

How can god be illiterate > These people think Jesus was some kind of ancient Forrest Gump . God can't be illiterate .

What is left then is why did Jesus not write at least something - especially instead 

of Paul who sounds like an ancient JW .

I can walk on water but i can't spell walk on water .

All Philosophers were literate and Jesus was a basic Philosopher 

and his dad is chief Philosopher . Just not an omniphilosopher .

Other gods had varied Philosophies and Jesus had lack of belief  in other philosophies or  lack of interpretation skills .

It's been 1989 years so Jesus might have had some study time and by now 

has taken one to many sides of Christianity's denominations but no one will know which denomination Jesus is until he returns 

My guess is all Christians are all right according to Jesus with his forgiveness policy 

so Keep JW's and Mormons as your brothers in Christ . Same for Jim Jones , Fred Phelps and as far down the line as Hitler .

They're not all right but you can't be all wrong but hey - 

What are you gonna do about it ?

• Sure but why would a deity like Jesu NOT write it down instead of Followers and some kid Named Paul who-never met Jesus . The bigger point is why doesn't God do all the inscriptions instead of people who tend to be liars and superstitious .

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That reads more like prejudice than reality 

• Because your selective account of the Bible is suggesting that you are stupid.

Or simply dishonest. To have omitted such vital information.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Your whole post is "specious."   And insulting.  What are I going to do about it?

Reported,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.