Duck asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Why were Conservatives so angry when we elected the first black president?

Hmm....

Why were liberals so happy? Most of the black population actually voted for the first time it seems to me that they are all anti white and racist.

• BB

Didn't realize that was the case.  I didn't give him my vote.  Heck, the guy was/is a Doper.

• Will B

If so, not nearly as angry (or dare I rabid) as the left was when Trump got elected

It is racist to even ask. You need to get over that.

• Sandy

we saw Obama for the poser he was. he was a socialist/commie in sheep's clothing. expected us to get used to his anemic economic growth and going around the world apologizing for America. stabbing the Ukraine in the back, allowing our Libyan ambassador get assassinated, Fast and Furious, his lie of a healthcare law, the $500 million up in smoke that he gave Solyndra, not accepting help for the Gulf oil accident, not signing the Keystone Pipeline, etc.  Why didn't he do everything Trump is doing to help the country's economy by lowering the corporate tax? Obama raised it to 35% and everybody took their business overseas. My people (blacks) are doing so much better financially under Trump than they ever did under Obama. So are all Americans. 

Because he's a Democrat.

• Sherry

Approximately .005% of all Americans were upset at having a black president because of his race. An alarming percentage were proud of having a black president because of his race. This is the real problem.

• Thomas

I have no clue. Perhaps they're jealous of the fact that most African American politicians are aligned to the Democratic Party?

Because conservative are not about identity politics.  Do you think simply being black qualifies you to be president? How embarrassing. 

Fair question!

They claim that Obama divided the country, but in reality, it was the Conservatives that pushed themselves away from the Real Americans that helped elect the first African-American President. Many of them have not gotten over it.