Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

what should I do if I know that someone violently attacked someone?

Yeah I found out that my mums boyfriend beat her up and nearly killed her, he also has paranoid schizophrenia. But my mum loves him and wants to stay with him. Could any one give me any advice on what to do about this because I don’t want my mum to be hurt again. 

Call the police immediately.

You go to the Police WITH HER and file a report.  If he nearly killed her, why isn't he in jail?

Or are you exaggerating?

• emma7 months agoReport

Well that’s what she told me but I don’t know unfortunately she’s still with him and thereS nothing I can do because she will deny what happened as she loves him.

• martin

You tell this exact situation to the police. You call 911 and tell them about this. They may transfer the call to domestic violence services. You tell them about it. If you want, just read your question here exactly as you've written it.

It is your duty as a citizen to report crimes. It is also your duty as a daughter to do right by your mother. Call the police and get in touch with someone from a domestic abuse group for advice on how to support her.

• Linda

Your mom doesn't want to press charges bc she feels like she needs him and he needs her. You can call a domestic abuse hotline and ask them what you can do. You can also call the police but if she won't press charges there is nothing they will do to him. I encourage you to keep trying to get your mom away from him bc next time he might kill her.

• emma8 months agoReport

Yeah that’s what I’m scared off and when I was younger she chose a mans over me then I got took away from her and I’m scared she with chose another man again and will not want me to be in her life but how do I get her away from him without losing my mum because she won’t forgive me 😥