Why does McConnell defend Trump?

I honestly believe that the Senate leadership cannot stand Donald Trump. They know he is corrupt and have no personal loyalty to him. So why are they defending him when they know he is a corrupt mentally ill pig?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Ken S
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I believe it is cause it is McConnell and his cronies that are carrying out their policies

to get what they want. They have Chump to distract people from what is happening.

Chump didn't write the tax bill (except for the real estate part)

and nominates all the judges that the right wing wants.

• 3 weeks ago

His wife is transportation secretary.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The republican party has become unrecognizable, they are now the party of scum.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Moscow Mitch and others need the supporters of Trump to get reelected. Moscow Mitch has an approval rating of about 24% in Kentucky.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

McConnell is all about power...follow the money

• 3 weeks ago

He pretty much has no choice but to embrace him. If he doesn't, the republicans in Kentucky will not hesitate to vote him out when his seat is up for re-election. That's just the way things are for republicans.

• 3 weeks ago

Cuz he knows what a circus show is when he sees one.

• 3 weeks ago

He defends him because he is innocent and being wrongfully charged. Friends do that for each other.

• Susan3 weeks agoReport

The liberals sure are triggered enough that they thumbed you down.

• -j.
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because they are Republicans and they put party over country.

That said, I don't think Mitch has much loyalty to Trump either.  If he thinks Trump is doing the party more harm than good, that defense might start to slip very quickly.

• 3 weeks ago

Because they are also corrupt mentally ill pigs.  Moscow Mitch is one of the worst of them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.