Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 month ago

What is Jcpenny’s EIN ? Employer identification number?

Filing my w-4

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The ONLY time you need the employers EIN is when filing your tax return and you find it on your W-2 issued by the employer.

For your W-4, the ONLY Taxpayer Identification Number you need is YOUR SSN.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't need their EIN to file a W4. Your employer is requesting your information. You file the form with them.

• 1 month ago

You don't need your employer's EIN to turn in a W4 form.

The field that asks for tax ID number is where you put your social security number - which is YOUR tax identification number. If you're not a US citizen then your tax ID number is an International Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) - and if you don't have an ITIN you have to get one before you can start work.

If you are trying to create a W2 form using a paystub, that's illegal. You need to wait until the end of the year when they send you a real W2. If you're trying to file last year's taxes and lost the W2 form, then contact the employer and get a duplicate copy.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Technical correction: ITIN stands for INDIVIDUAL Taxpayer Identification Number, not International.

• 1 month ago

You don't need it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You can't "file" your W-4 yourself. You give your W-4 to your employer. After the year ends, they give you a W-2 (which will have their EIN) and you file the W-2.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you read the instructions, you'll see it says "Employees, do not complete box 8, 9, or

10. Your employer will complete these

boxes if necessary." box 10 is the EIN.

• 1 month ago

lol how are we supposed to know...

• wueenb1 month agoReport

I hate bitches like you😂I found it on google. Thanks though

• 1 month ago

You can leave box 10 blank and JCP payroll will add it when they do the update with their system.

However, do you do a paper W4 with JCP?

I would bet that it's an electronic form as part of their employee self service system.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Look on the form JCP gave you

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Look on your paystub

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.