Lv 5
. asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 8 months ago

Is Trump trying to make the US into a Trump Monarchy? Doesn't he believe in the Presidential US electoral system?

Update:

"Donald Trump, by turns arrogant and paranoid, ""has made no secret of the fact that he wishes to be crowned as president rather than elected."" That might be fine in a monarchy, but we overthrew ours two centuries ago.”

But it wouldn't be unusual move by the party of the White House incumbent seeking a second term.

Update 2:

So how doesn't a country try and stop Donald Trump and his minions from converting a democratic government into what amounts to a monarchy, "where Congress elected by the people, has no real role,?”

Lastly, why do Trump Followers refuse to notice this?

Update 3:

Crown heads can decide policy by proclamation, as Trump tried in the past when he “hereby ordered” US companies stop doing business in China. Their majesties can determine that criticism of the sovereign is illegal, as with the lèse-majesté laws in Thailand. 

Update 4:

When Trump acts to marginalize & methodically vaporize the press corps critical of him, he is effectively trying to exert lèse-majesté. Finally, royalty is not subject to any higher law. They're recognized not only in plural form, but as absolute power with no higher earthly authority. This is how Trump perceives himself.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • He believes everyone is there to serve him.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Of course  not  ,Are  you off your  meds 

• 8 months ago

What has he done to make a Trump monarchy?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

"Trying"?   Pffft.  I don't think he ever had any other thought.   

As much as he publicly badmouths Democrats, I don't know what else you would call him.   He should represent ALL the people.   Democrats are literally left without a President.   Not right.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Please explain any bit of evidence to support your assertion?  I mean, is he trying to oust a legally elected leader?  Something like that.

I think you are full of Schiff.

• 8 months ago

Since he won his office by the US electoral system, it should be something that he believes in.  It is the Democrats that have been making noise about getting rid of that system, not Trump.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The rich govern you using the corprations.

With impunity.

Without your consent.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No, that would be something Obama was hoping for. 

King Obama. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

could be................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.