Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

How come women never pay child support?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Believe me they do if they do not have custody.  When the kid goes to college they have to pay their fair share too.  

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Women who earn more than their exes and share custody certainly DO pay child support. I know a couple who pay alimony too.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Another lie. If a woman makes more money and a man has won full custody, she will pay support.

• 1 month ago

Women DO pay child support. Often times, the man will get custody of the children, and the wife will be ordered to pay child support.

When my son was 15, he decided to go live with his father, so this was done through the Courts. I paid child support, and i didn't mind. As a parent, i do have a financial responsibility to my child until he's 18 or out of high school, which ever comes first.

And beyond that, if he needs financial help, i will help him when i can.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not true. If the mother of a child loses custody through her own fault, she is required to pay child support to the father or other custodial adult. However, in most cases a single mother raises the child and pays all expenses such as housing, food, clothing, education and medical expenses. The law only asks that the father give his fair share.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

On rare occasion they do, but overall it’s men who are expected to be providers.   

• 2 months ago

They do. (if the husband looks after the kids. Get your facts straight!

Peace.

• God
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

That would require women to be responsible 

• paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

wrong oh yes they do.

• Jolene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

False premise. Women DO pay child support.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.